Sunday 7 November 2010

My first rep visit: Katia

Yesterday I had the first visit from a yarns rep. It was Alan, from Katia.

It was great to see their wool range: partly like meeting old friends (although relatively new in the UK, Katia has been well established in Spain for many, many years - since I remember).

But, oh! the new ones...! mmmmmm gorgeous fluff. Lovely baby/child range, with some fantastic colours, not just the obligatory pastels, but vibrant, joyful hues too. It made me wish I had more babies in the family, but alas, my close friends' babies are now a bit too big for baby knits... but there's always the shop window... I suppose I will HAVE to knit something for there (what a fantastic excuse fantastic good reason for knitting toddler's clothes I have just created!)

They have gorgeous chunkies, fantastic fantasy yarns, colourful merinos and alpacas... and good value alternatives to Noro, although I wasn't too impressed with the colour blending, so the Japanese brand is still tops in my little list of colour blenders.

Their distinctive superiority comes from the imaginative range - beautiful metallics, thin and thick lace effects, super chunky yet ultralight velvet with vibrant, rich colours, knit-with-your-hands (or a pair of broomsticks) humongously thick and soft rope (it comes out of 'yarn' range!), and some chunky 100% wool especially designed for knitting and felting. ...and then the metallic cords... and the sequin yarn... mmmmmm! (photos in this blog as soon as the shop is open and my order arrives).

I spent almost 3 hours 'ooooeeing' and 'aaaawing' over lots and lots of really nice colour cards and samples. And I was left with their 5 very inspiring magazines from the Autumn/Winter range... as if I needed any more inspiration... lol!

I also had a preview of their Spring/Summer collection: and what a range of goodies are those Spanish peeps preparing for us...! Their customary soft cottons, some really natural looking and flattering linen (think hat & bag knitting and crocheting), and a very special mesh-type yarn... As imagination goes I think they get my price for textures, ...but as we still have the coldest of the winter to come I'll say goodbye for now and pick up my needles: that second entrelac sock is not going to knit itself ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment